Since many of Bob Whitman's family and friends are musicians, the idea of a musical benefit named Bobfest arose naturally. Bob was a musician since childhood, dabbling in drums before settling on electric guitar in his teens. He was in a band in high school and continued playing for pleasure throughout his adult life. The BWRF directors imagined:
- an evening of entertainment with refreshments
- celebrating our good memories
- keeping Bob's spirit alive
- a big party to benefit our cause
- performances without charge
- More than 50 % of the admission charge would be profit
We are now planning our fifth annual Bobfest to be held on Sunday November 13th 2005, and hope to expand into other areas of fund-raising.